We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and, to that end, complying with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679; in this policy, we explain how we will treat your personal information.
2. Collecting personal information
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website;
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your email
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our services including your name, delivery address, payment address, telephone numbers, email address and card details;
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication, and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
We use Google Analytics to analyse user activity and gain insights to help us improve our website. You can learn more about how Google uses data by visiting their web page located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may provide from time to time.
You can take steps to block cookies by using the security settings in your web browser.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
- We may disclose your personal information insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- This Section 5 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
- Processing of data, as set out in the preceding paragraphs is necessary for the performance of contracts for the supply of our teaching services
- Processing of such data is also necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject, namely accounting for tax liabilities.
- Processing of such data is also necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by us, namely pursuing our commercial interests.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
- Robin Oliver-Jones, who trades as Philomathtutor.
Our data protection registration number is ZB049649.
- This website is owned and operated by Robin Oliver-Jones who trades as ‘Philomathtutor’ Our principal place of business is at: 7 Sockbridge Drive, Tirril, Penrith, CA10 2JP.
- You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address given above;
- using our website contact form;
- by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.